Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue May 7, 2013
Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew Gets A New Signature
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 9:49 am
Back in January, when Jacob "Jack" Lew was a mere nominee for the position of Secretary of the Treasury, we fretted about his signature. (It is, after all, displayed on the dollar.) It looked like a doodle, or as New York Magazine called it, a "slinky that has lost its spring."
Well, now that Lew is officially the Secretary of the Treasury, his signature has become more, um, predictable. Here's the old one:
Here's the new one from a Financial Stability Oversight Council report posted on the Treasury website:
This news, no doubt, comes as a surprise to many of you, who overwhelmingly said back in January that Lew should keep his slinky.