Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Thu April 5, 2012
In Trayvon Martin Case, Who's Considered White?
Race is central to the debate surrounding Trayvon Martin, the black Florida teen shot by neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman. Many media outlets first identified Zimmerman as "white," but his father describes him as a Spanish-speaking minority. Host Michel Martin explores the question, "who is white?" with sociologist Jean Halley.