Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Mon May 14, 2007
Traveling The Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway
By Catherine Welch
Wilmington, NC – The Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway is like a highway for boaters and barges traveling up and down the east coast. But that watery highway is filling up with sand, making it nearly impossible to navigate in some spots. WHQR news takes a look at the issue in this special documentary