Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue September 18, 2007
Transportation: Wilmington Mayoral Candidate Justin LaNasa
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC – Wilmington has one of the highest traffic accident rates in North Carolina. With traffic and road planning at the top of the minds of many residents. WHQR is asking all three mayor's candidates about where they stand on transportation issues. We continue this morning with WHQR's Megan Williams and candidate Justin LaNasa.
A run for mayor is just the most recent twist in Justin LaNasa's varied biography Ten years ago, after a career in the U-S military, LaNasa opened the Hardwire Tattoo shop in downtown Wilmington.
Ask LaNasa what's really needles him about the city and he'll tell you about all the money the Council's spent on outside consultants in recent years. Instead, LaNasa thinks local government should take a more grassroots approach when searching for things like transportation solutions
Support for programming comes from WHQR members and the city of Wilmington.