Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon September 17, 2007
Transportation: Wilmington Mayor Candidate Harper Peterson
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Wilmington has one of the highest traffic accident rates in North Carolina. With traffic and road planning at the top of the minds of many residents, WHQR is asking all three mayor's candidates about where they stand on transportation issues. We start this morning with WHQR's Catherine Welch and candidate Harper Peterson.
It may be near impossible to attend a city council meeting that lacks discussion about Wilmington's roads, sidewalks or bus routes. Former mayor and now candidate Harper Peterson has opinions on all of those topics.
We start our conversation talking about the multi-modal transportation hub planned for downtown.