Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Mon September 17, 2007
Transportation: Wilmington Mayor Candidate Harper Peterson
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Wilmington has one of the highest traffic accident rates in North Carolina. With traffic and road planning at the top of the minds of many residents, WHQR is asking all three mayor's candidates about where they stand on transportation issues. We start this morning with WHQR's Catherine Welch and candidate Harper Peterson.
It may be near impossible to attend a city council meeting that lacks discussion about Wilmington's roads, sidewalks or bus routes. Former mayor and now candidate Harper Peterson has opinions on all of those topics.
We start our conversation talking about the multi-modal transportation hub planned for downtown.