Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu November 17, 2011
Top Stories: Occupy Wall Street Day Of Action; Penn State Scandal
Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York have begun what they say will be a day full of marches, civil disobedience and other actions aimed at — this is their goal — shutting down Wall Street.
Eyder is there to follow the story as it develops. His posts from the streets are being collected here.
Our other early-morning headlines:
Other top stories of the morning include:
-- "Arab League Offers Reprieve For Syria" As Death Toll Rises. (The New York Times)
-- "Chu To Present Strong Defense Of Solyndra Loan Guarantee." (The Washington Post)
-- White House Gun Suspect Reportedly "Obsessed With Obama." (CBS News)
-- "Jesmyn Ward's Salvage Wins National Book Award." (The Associated Press)