Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed January 17, 2007
Tom Thumb's Wedding
The wedding of the 19th Century was the extravaganza orchestrated by P.T. Barnum, entrepreneur, publicist, marketing mogul... and wedding planner, says Nan Graham. The wedding dress was even a knockoff of Queen Victoria's.
By Nan Graham
Nan Graham is WHQR's lifelong Southerner and author of several books of collected stories.
Visit Nan at her website: www.nangraham.com.