Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed January 17, 2007
Tom Thumb's Wedding
The wedding of the 19th Century was the extravaganza orchestrated by P.T. Barnum, entrepreneur, publicist, marketing mogul... and wedding planner, says Nan Graham. The wedding dress was even a knockoff of Queen Victoria's.
By Nan Graham
Nan Graham is WHQR's lifelong Southerner and author of several books of collected stories.
Visit Nan at her website: www.nangraham.com.