Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed January 17, 2007
Tom Thumb's Wedding
The wedding of the 19th Century was the extravaganza orchestrated by P.T. Barnum, entrepreneur, publicist, marketing mogul... and wedding planner, says Nan Graham. The wedding dress was even a knockoff of Queen Victoria's.
By Nan Graham
Nan Graham is WHQR's lifelong Southerner and author of several books of collected stories.
Visit Nan at her website: www.nangraham.com.