Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu November 24, 2011
Today is National Day of Listening
The day after Thanksgiving is the National Day of Listening, an annual initiative by the oral history project StoryCorps, a nonprofit group that has recorded and archived 40,000 interviews between friends and loved ones across the country.
WHQR’s Michelle Bliss spoke with StoryCorps Founder Dave Isay about this year’s National Day of Listening theme, Thank a Teacher.
Isay says that participants can honor their favorite mentors by recording a conversation with them, writing a card, or even posting a tribute on Facebook or Youtube.
In Isay's interview, he talks about an interview between a brain surgeon and his middle school science teacher.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Please email the WHQR News Team.