Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Shots - Health Blog
Fri June 8, 2012
Tips For A Healthy Summer With Your Kids
Originally published on Wed June 13, 2012 8:08 am
The days are getting longer, and the kids are getting antsier.
Summer must be right around the corner.
So earlier this week, we led a chat on Twitter with Dr. Robert Block, a pediatrician who is president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, about some tips for a healthier summer.
In an action-packed half-hour, he tackled questions ranging from how to pick a sunscreen to how to get kids to eat better.
Here are some highlights from the chat, which was tagged #nprkids, on Twitter.