Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu June 14, 2012
Time To Tee Off: Who Do You Want To Win Golf's U.S. Open?
Play begins this morning at The Olympic Club in San Francisco, where the best golfers from around the world have gathered for the U.S. Open.
On Morning Edition today, USA Today's Christine Brennan said Woods just might be playing well enough now to win the Open. But, it's been four years since he last won a major tournament — the 2008 Open. Woods has won 14 majors, second only to Jack Nicklaus' 18.
Mickelson, meanwhile, has never won the Open. But he's been second or tied for second five times.
What we want to know now isn't who everyone things will win, but rather who the group wants to win.