Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu June 14, 2012
Time To Tee Off: Who Do You Want To Win Golf's U.S. Open?
Play begins this morning at The Olympic Club in San Francisco, where the best golfers from around the world have gathered for the U.S. Open.
On Morning Edition today, USA Today's Christine Brennan said Woods just might be playing well enough now to win the Open. But, it's been four years since he last won a major tournament — the 2008 Open. Woods has won 14 majors, second only to Jack Nicklaus' 18.
Mickelson, meanwhile, has never won the Open. But he's been second or tied for second five times.
What we want to know now isn't who everyone things will win, but rather who the group wants to win.