Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri December 30, 2011
Time is running out for your year-end gift to WHQR
Dear WHQR Listener,
As the year comes to a close, it's a tradition to both look back and anticipate what lies ahead.
2011 has been a year of significant progress. We've made some important additions to staff: Michelle Bliss as News Director, and the return of both Bob Workmon and Rachel Lewis Hilburn. We also received a very positive audit, for the first time in years. I'm very glad that we have reduced the number of fundraising days from 26 to 17, at the same time increasing our membership income. We also continue to work on bringing you the best programming possible.
We know you are asked to support many worthy organizations at this time of year. Please take a moment to consider the value that WHQR adds to your life and to the life of the community. Your tax-deductible year-end gift will go a long way toward helping us achieve our goals in the coming year.
Please make your secure online gift at WHQR.org. Below you'll see descriptions of other ways to contribute, such as an IRA Charitable Rollover or through donation of a car or boat.
On behalf of the staff at WHQR and our public radio partners, I thank you for your support, and look forward to serving you in 2012.
Warmest regards and thanks,