Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon May 5, 2008
Time of Reflection
"The instinctive bird recognizes the image as an interloper. It doesn't intuitively understand it to be a reflection of itself."
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – With the onset of bird nesting season, there comes a time in a small bird's life when it must secure a territory within which it may raise a family. And this can bring some challenges and opportunities to people.
Andy Wood is education curator for Audubon North Carolina and author of "Backyard Carolina" - a collection of his WHQR commentaries.