Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon May 5, 2008
Time of Reflection
"The instinctive bird recognizes the image as an interloper. It doesn't intuitively understand it to be a reflection of itself."
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – With the onset of bird nesting season, there comes a time in a small bird's life when it must secure a territory within which it may raise a family. And this can bring some challenges and opportunities to people.
Andy Wood is education curator for Audubon North Carolina and author of "Backyard Carolina" - a collection of his WHQR commentaries.