Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Tue November 20, 2012
Time Again To Talk Turkey, And Why Frying Can Be Fatal
Originally published on Wed November 21, 2012 8:22 am
We want everyone to be back with us after the Thanksgiving holiday, so it feels like we should revisit the dangers of turkey frying.
Or, if you prefer some humor with your horror, there's the video that actor William Shatner did for State Farm. It also might make you think it's better to use the oven. State Farm, by the way, says there are "more than 1,000 fires each year in which such devices are involved, fires that cause $15 million in property damage and serious burns to adults and children." And it has another video, about common deep frying mistakes.
But if you still want to give frying a try, there's this video lesson from The Guardian.
Or, there's the classic contraption that Food Network's Alton Brown came up with to keep you safely away from the hot oil.
Whatever you decide, we hope you have a good holiday.
And for much tastier tips about cooking, check The Salt blog.