Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri July 27, 2007
The Thrill Has Moved
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Cape Fear Blues Festival opens Friday night in a new venue - Hugh McRae Park.
Battleship Park has been the festival's home since 1998. Festival director and WHQR Blues host Lan Nichols says while everyone enjoyed the old venue, moving the festival to Hugh McRae Park should attract more people.
The blues start cranking Friday night and will play on through Sunday.