Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri July 27, 2007
The Thrill Has Moved
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Cape Fear Blues Festival opens Friday night in a new venue - Hugh McRae Park.
Battleship Park has been the festival's home since 1998. Festival director and WHQR Blues host Lan Nichols says while everyone enjoyed the old venue, moving the festival to Hugh McRae Park should attract more people.
The blues start cranking Friday night and will play on through Sunday.