Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri July 27, 2007
The Thrill Has Moved
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Cape Fear Blues Festival opens Friday night in a new venue - Hugh McRae Park.
Battleship Park has been the festival's home since 1998. Festival director and WHQR Blues host Lan Nichols says while everyone enjoyed the old venue, moving the festival to Hugh McRae Park should attract more people.
The blues start cranking Friday night and will play on through Sunday.