Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue July 24, 2012
'Thomas Jefferson' Running For U.S. House
Originally published on Wed July 25, 2012 10:30 am
STEVE INSKEEP HOST: Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Some residents of Kansas have the chance to send a founding father to Congress. Jack Talbert is Libertarian, running in the state's fourth district. To be precise, a man formerly name Jack Talbert is running. He legally changed his name to Thomas Jefferson, which we will call him from now on. Mr. Jefferson calls his name change a tribute to the nation's third president. It will also most likely boost his name recognition in this fall's election. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.