Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu August 9, 2012
Thanks For Nothing, Stephen: Colbert Spoils The Wiki Veep Indicator
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 12:11 pm
Well, tracking changes to prominent politicians' Wikipedia pages had been one way of trying to get advance notice of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney's vice presidential pick.
But then Stephen Colbert just had to tell his Nation to start messing around with some of those veep possibilities' Wiki pages.
So now Wikipedia has protected pages such as those for Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty out of fear of "vandalism."
Thanks, Stephen. Now what will bloggers do? Report?
Update at 12:10 p.m. ET, Aug. 10. Romney's Page Too:
As the BBC points out, Wikipedia has had to lock down Romney's page as well.