Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu August 9, 2012
Thanks For Nothing, Stephen: Colbert Spoils The Wiki Veep Indicator
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 12:11 pm
Well, tracking changes to prominent politicians' Wikipedia pages had been one way of trying to get advance notice of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney's vice presidential pick.
But then Stephen Colbert just had to tell his Nation to start messing around with some of those veep possibilities' Wiki pages.
So now Wikipedia has protected pages such as those for Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty out of fear of "vandalism."
Thanks, Stephen. Now what will bloggers do? Report?
Update at 12:10 p.m. ET, Aug. 10. Romney's Page Too:
As the BBC points out, Wikipedia has had to lock down Romney's page as well.