Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Pledge Drive Success 2014!
Tue April 1, 2014
Thank You Supporters and Volunteers!
Thank you to the 1382 wonderful listeners who called, emailed and mailed in pledges during our Spring Partnership Challenge Pledge Drive. It took seven days and, with your help, we met our goal and raised $156,330! Click the above photo for a brief slideshow and watch our Facebook Page for more pledge drive photos soon!
Partnership Challenge winners can be found here.
We thank the 24 Non-Profits who helped answer phones:
- Bargain Box
- Bellamy Mansion
- Cape Fear Fencing Association
- Cape Fear Museum
- Caper Fear Literacy Council
- Children's Museum of Wilmington
- Choice Neighborhood SouthSide Revitalization
- Dance Cooperative
- Feast Down East
- Friends of the Library
- Friends School of Wilmington
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Historic Wilmington Foundation
- Hoggard High School Quiz Bowl Team
- LINC, Inc.
- Lower Cape Fear Historical Society
- North Carolina Friends of Midwives
- Nourish NC
- Sharing Our Bounty
- Thalian Association
- Wilmington Family YMCA
- Wilmington Interfaith Hospitality Network
Thank you to the restaurants that provided food for staff and volunteers:
- Nine Bakery and Lounge
- Szechuan 132
- Capriotti's Sandwich Shop
- Flying Pi
- Great Harvest Bread Co.
- Copper Penny
- Pizzetta's Pizza
- Elizabeth's Pizza
- Chili's of Wilmington
- Delphina Dos
- Greenlands Farm Store
- Wayfarer Deli & Bistro
- Flaming Amy's Burritos
Thank you to the businesses who offered corporate challenges:
- Copycat Print Shop
- Outdoor Creations and Design, Inc.
- Old River Farms
- Murchison, Taylor & Gibson PLLC
- Boom Chamber Guitars and Strings, Inc.