Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Sun December 11, 2011
Teasing Out A New Word
On-Air Challenge: Add a letter to create new words in a series of word teasers.
Last Week's Challenge from listener Monti Montgomery of Washington, D.C.: Name a style of music. Change the middle letter to a B, and you'll name a style of cooking. What are the style of music and the style of cooking? (There are several ways to spell the cooking style, but the answer is one of them.)
Answer: "Baroque" is the style of music, and "bar-b-que" is the cooking style.
Winner: Ken Hudson from Midlothian, Texas
Next Week's Challenge: Think of an animal whose name contains an O. Change the O to an H, and rearrange the result to name another animal. What animals are these?
Submit Your Answer
If you know the answer to next week's challenge, submit it here. Listeners who submit correct answers win a chance to play the on-air puzzle. Important: Include a phone number where we can reach you Thursday at 3 p.m. Eastern.