Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu January 12, 2012
A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens's classic story set during the French Revolution tells of one people at a singular time.
Yet today's international rally of the indebted 99% can still find echoes of their plight in A Tale of Two Cities, now some 150 years old. Literary Commentator Gwenyfar tells us why.