Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Fri March 28, 2014
Taco Bell Commercial Takes A Jab At McDonald's
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 12:12 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. Taco Bell stuck it to McDonald's. The fast-food chain is broadcasting TV ads featuring Ronald McDonald. Dozens of people who are really named Ronald McDonald promote Taco Bell. While tweaking the McDonald's mascot, they also promote Taco Bell's authentic Mexican cuisine, including a breakfast waffle taco.
Now there's no word if the McDonald's chain to retaliate by filling its ads with talking Chihuahuas or, for that matter, with people whose last name is Bell. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.