Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed November 30, 2011
Surviving the Teens... Again
Working amidst powder pink and egg shell blue bundles at a children's clothing store years ago, Annie Gray Johnston imagined that motherhood would be sweet and rewarding.
When she finds herself pulled from that serene atmosphere and into Forever 21, however, she realizes that being a parent to teenagers means surviving the turmoil of puberty all over again.
About the commentator: Annie Gray Johnston is wife, mother, sister, friend, and general nut. A native Wilmingtonian, she is related to many but only claims a few. If she had to be someone else, it would be a living Allen Funt.