Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed November 30, 2011
Surviving the Teens... Again
Working amidst powder pink and egg shell blue bundles at a children's clothing store years ago, Annie Gray Johnston imagined that motherhood would be sweet and rewarding.
When she finds herself pulled from that serene atmosphere and into Forever 21, however, she realizes that being a parent to teenagers means surviving the turmoil of puberty all over again.
About the commentator: Annie Gray Johnston is wife, mother, sister, friend, and general nut. A native Wilmingtonian, she is related to many but only claims a few. If she had to be someone else, it would be a living Allen Funt.