Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Wed November 30, 2011
Surviving the Teens... Again
Working amidst powder pink and egg shell blue bundles at a children's clothing store years ago, Annie Gray Johnston imagined that motherhood would be sweet and rewarding.
When she finds herself pulled from that serene atmosphere and into Forever 21, however, she realizes that being a parent to teenagers means surviving the turmoil of puberty all over again.
About the commentator: Annie Gray Johnston is wife, mother, sister, friend, and general nut. A native Wilmingtonian, she is related to many but only claims a few. If she had to be someone else, it would be a living Allen Funt.