Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu March 13, 2008
Surprises from the Civil War
Can war ever be a good thing?
By Nan Grahm
Wilmington, NC – Nan Graham doesn't think so. But some of the innovations from war can be surprising, she says...even from the bloodiest of wars, the Civil War.
Nan Graham's WHQR commentaries can be found in her books, "Turn South at the Next Magnolia," and "In a Magnolia Minute." Her website is nangraham.com.