Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
Thu November 21, 2013
Summer of '59
F. Kaplan’s book, 1959: The Year That Changed Everything, states that this was the year every aspect of American life was transformed…the pre-cursor to the explosive 60’s. It was for her, say Commentator Nan Graham.
Nan Graham has been a commentator for WHQR for almost twenty years, and has two collections of commentaries and a third book in the works. Her website is nangraham.com.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.