Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Fri May 18, 2012
Sudents Suspended Over Post-It Note Prank
Originally published on Fri May 18, 2012 4:49 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. It's not clear what message high school students in Clayton, Indiana were sending with this year's senior prank. They attached 11,000 blank Post-it notes to various surfaces, doors, chairs, desks. Six students got suspended, which led to a student protest, which led to 50 more suspensions. Tensions are easing. An administrator lifted the suspensions, calling it a first step in the healing process. No word on whether she delivered that news on a Post-it note. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.