Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Fri January 18, 2013
Subway Foot-Long Sub Comes Up Short
Originally published on Fri January 18, 2013 9:11 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with news of a fast food chain that's coming up short. Earlier this week, a customer in Australia ordered a Subway Foot-Long sub only to find it measured a mere 11 inches. He posted a photo alongside a tape measure on the company's Facebook page, sparking outrage from customers and an investigation by the New York Post. They bought seven Subway Foot-Longs in New York City and four of them measured less than 12 inches. Subway is looking into this sizable matter.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.