Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Sun December 22, 2013
Street Interview: Ana Cristina
Every year, WHQR features members of our community on "A Season's Griot," a program celebrating the principles of Kwanzaa. This year, we conducted street interviews with friends and passersby, focusing on family--the joys, the travails, and the myriad people we hold close.
The responses were varied and thoughtful. And while not everyone could be included in the program, we want to showcase those who generously offered their reflections.
Today, we feature a conversation with Ana Cristina--sharing the ways she keeps family living far away close to her heart.
Be sure to tune in to "A Season's Griot," Thursday, December 26th at noon, and Sunday, December 29th at 7 pm on 91.3 and at WHQR.org.