Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents "The Grand Seduction"
- Changes in Entrepreneurial Landscape Open Space for Start-Ups in Small Cities like Wilmington
- Southeastern NC Film Community Group Photo To Be Taken This Saturday
- Housing First Model More Effective at Ending Chronic Homelessness
- WHQR's 3rd Annual Ice Cream Social was a Huge Success!
Fri August 23, 2013
From the StoryCorps Archives: Melinda and Blaire Erwin on Sexuality
Just over two years ago, the StoryCorps mobile soundbooth came to Wilmington and recorded rich stories of family, heritage, and personal struggle. WHQR News is thrilled to bring this wonderful catalog of Wilmington back for a second look.
In this clip, Melinda and Blaire Ervin speak about sexuality and the community perception of sexuality. Speaking about life before coming out: “I shouldn’t have these feelings…it made me sad that I couldn’t be who I wanted to be.” Listen to the audio clip, a story of empowerment and feeling comfortable being yourself.
(April 20, 2011)