Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- CoastLine: New Science Reinforces Alzheimer's Risk Can be Mitigated through Lifestyle Changes
Mon August 26, 2013
From the StoryCorps Archives: A Flat Tire Leads to a Remarkable Love Story
Just over two years ago, the StoryCorps mobile soundbooth came to Wilmington and recorded rich stories of family, heritage, and personal struggle. WHQR News is thrilled to bring this wonderful catalog of Wilmington back for a second look.
Not having enough cash for a spare tire leads Irving Fogler to sleep an evening on a couch, and to the love of his life. “Within a month I was hopelessly in love with Joann.” He proposes to her in an unusual way, in an unusual setting. It’s another fine love story from StoryCorps Wilmington.