Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Fri September 13, 2013
Still Reeling From Sandy, Seaside, N.J. Boardwalk Burns
Nearly a year after the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, four blocks along a strip of New Jersey's famous boardwalks have been destroyed by fire. On Friday, firefighters were still dousing smoldering embers and other hotspots from the raging blaze. Gov. Chris Christie said the sight of the damage to iconic businesses along the Seaside boardwalks was sickening.