Repeated power outages related to Hurricane Matthew caused damage to WHQR's main transmitter on Saturday October 8th, but we are now operating at full power. Here are the specifics:
- HQR News 91.3 is at full power.
The cause was failure of a power supply to the transmitter's controller, which monitors and governs all the transmitter functions. Apparently repeated outages and voltage drops caused the power supply to fail. A new power supply is has been installed.
- Classical HQR 92.7 is back on the air.
The transmitter for Classical HQR was temporarily converted to serve as a backup for 91.3 when the main signal failed Saturday evening. Classical has now been restored to 92.7
- Both HD signals are back on this time.
HD signals are subcarriers of the full-power 91.3. HD1 is HQR News, and HD2 is Classical HQR.
- Both Myrtle Beach signals are back.
Both HQR News at 98.9 and Classical HQR at 102.3 re-transmit the main 91.3 signal.
- HQR News and Classical HQR are steaming on our website.