Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon June 18, 2007
State of the Birds
Andy Wood talks to us about the waning songbird population and the consequences this will have on our lives.
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – Last week the National Audubon Society released a state of the birds report. The purpose was to draw attention to many bird species' rapidly disappearing population, with the hopes of reversing it. Commentator Andy Wood works for the National Audubon Society, and he has all the details.
Commentator Andy Wood is education curator for Audubon North Carolina and author of "Backyard Carolina," a collection of his WHQR commentaries.