Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Around the Nation
Fri October 4, 2013
Squirrel Steals The Show At Golf Tournament
Originally published on Fri October 4, 2013 10:36 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with a new reason to yell four. Look out, Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods - Sammy is the biggest new star in pro golf. And he's a baby squirrel. Golfer Davis Love scooped up the lost critter at the President's Cup tournament yesterday, worried he'd get struck. By the end of the day, Sammy's cute face had stolen the spotlight and he was named the unofficial mascot for Team U.S.A.
So far, he has been good luck. The U.S. leads by one point. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.