Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
January 16th, 6:30 @WHQR
Wed January 8, 2014
Soup to Nuts Live: The Jewell Family Band
As individuals, the members of the Jewell Family are fixtures of the Wilmington musical community. It is a rare treat to have all five of them perform together for WHQR. Although they have performed as a group around North Carolina for years, their Wilmington appearances have been limited.
Listen to this short clip of the Port City Trio featuring Mama and Papa Jewell, as well as "Uncle Woody:"
While they will do several numbers together in their a capella, Southern harmony style, they will also perform several duets and trios featuring Anne (an 18 year old violin major at UNCG) on fiddle and vocals , Carter (22 years old and employed at a Wilmington law firm) as vocal soloist , and Isabelle (a 15 year old freshman at New Hanover High School) on guitar and vocals. Their parents, Kelly and Julia Walker Jewell, on guitar and keys respectively, will throw in some favorite Port City Trio numbers all held tightly together by “Uncle Woody” on percussion.
Thursday, January 16th
in the MC Erny Gallery at WHQR
254 N. Front Street, Downtown
Doors at 6:30
Show at 7:30
$10 suggested donation at the door
Broadcast: November 22, 23 @9PM