Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri November 10, 2006
The taxidermied horse, Triger of Roy Rogers fame, has been on display in California since 1965. But commentator Nan Graham says the celebrity horse of the late 19th Century was the lone survivor of the most infamous battle of the west.
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – Nan Graham's book In A Magnolia Minute, is a collection of WHQR commentaries on life in the south, and it is available in bookstores.