Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon July 28, 2008
"It was a snake-like, nearly two foot long lizard, known variously as a legless, or glass lizard; legless because this reptile has no legs and the moniker glass refers to this lizard's ability to break away its long fragile tail in order to escape a clutching predator such as a hawk or fox."
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – Commentator Andy Wood was working at home when his concentration was broken by a pleasant surprise.
Andy Wood is education curator for Audubon North Carolina