Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu May 22, 2008
Smoke, Smoke, Smoke that Cigarette
"Then the lungs were trotted out. Grisly specimens that resembled smoked Swiss cheese were passed around. We were assured that if our lungs didn't look like this now, they soon would. On the way home I restocked my cigarette supply at the 7-11."
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – David Sedaris' newest collection of essays includes one called "The Smoking Section" in which he describes trying to quit smoking and trying to learn Japanese simultaneously. He's not the only one to turn his addiction (Smoking, not learning Japanese) into humor. Frankly, it's about the only way to save your sanity.
Smoke-free commentator Nan Graham has a website at nangraham.com