Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu May 22, 2008
Smoke, Smoke, Smoke that Cigarette
"Then the lungs were trotted out. Grisly specimens that resembled smoked Swiss cheese were passed around. We were assured that if our lungs didn't look like this now, they soon would. On the way home I restocked my cigarette supply at the 7-11."
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – David Sedaris' newest collection of essays includes one called "The Smoking Section" in which he describes trying to quit smoking and trying to learn Japanese simultaneously. He's not the only one to turn his addiction (Smoking, not learning Japanese) into humor. Frankly, it's about the only way to save your sanity.
Smoke-free commentator Nan Graham has a website at nangraham.com