Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Mon March 12, 2007
Small Sewage Spill in Wilmington
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – There was a small sewage spill in Wilmington Monday near Hewlett's Creek. The city says a clog in an 8-inch pipe sent some 2,500 gallons of sewage into the road at Pine Grove Drive near Holly Tree Road, with a small amount believed to have trickled into the creek. The city says the pipe is not part of the troubled Northeast Interceptor.