Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon October 30, 2006
Skeletal Remains Identified
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Skeletal remains found in Brunswick County last summer have been identified as a man missing from Myrtle Beach.
The Brunswick County Sheriff's Department says the remains are of 41-year-old Johnny Brown, who was reported missing back in April.
Brown had a history of drug use. And the Chief Medical Examiners Office says there were no signs of foul play.
The remains were found August 30th on McLamb Road near the state line in Brunswick County.