Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Mon October 30, 2006
Skeletal Remains Identified
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Skeletal remains found in Brunswick County last summer have been identified as a man missing from Myrtle Beach.
The Brunswick County Sheriff's Department says the remains are of 41-year-old Johnny Brown, who was reported missing back in April.
Brown had a history of drug use. And the Chief Medical Examiners Office says there were no signs of foul play.
The remains were found August 30th on McLamb Road near the state line in Brunswick County.