Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Mon June 18, 2012
Silverdocs 2012: Documentaries Galore
It's that time again.
As I did last year at this time, I'll be spending this week at the Silverdocs documentary festival in Silver Spring, Md. If you've been reading the blog for a while, you're very familiar with this project, as it was the first place I saw a couple of fairly high-profile documentaries including Being Elmo and Buck, but also where I saw a couple of smaller movies that became favorites, including Resurrect Dead: The Mystery Of The Toynbee Tiles. (Available on Netflix streaming! Do it!)
This year, I have a whole pile of stuff on my list, including The Queen Of Versailles (already involved in a lawsuit!), Time Zero: The Last Year Of Polaroid Film, Detropia, The Imposter, and lots and lots (and lots) more. (If you live nearby, I strongly encourage you to see Brooklyn Castle, the marvelous chess documentary I saw at South By Southwest, which is also playing here.) You can see the whole slate at the Silverdocs site.
So expect plentiful updates and follow me on Twitter for occasional frustrations about line-jumpers and people talking behind me.