Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Thu October 17, 2013
September Jobs Report To Come Out Tuesday
Following the economy can be confusing.
But at least one thing has long been certain: the Bureau of Labor Statistics will release its monthly jobs report at exactly 8:30 a.m. on a Friday.
Next week, Tuesday will feel like a Friday.
That's because late Thursday afternoon, the BLS updated its post-shutdown schedule for data releases. The new schedule shows that the long-delayed and much-anticipated September employment report will come out on Tuesday.
The original release date was Friday, Oct. 4. But that jobs report got caught up in the government shutdown. Now it will be released Tuesday, Oct. 22.
And the October report, originally scheduled for release on Nov. 1, will be pushed to Nov. 8. That's late, but at least it's a Friday. TGIT just doesn't sound right.