Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Baseball in Wilmington
Mon October 22, 2012
Senior Economist at UNCW examines prospect of baseball stadium in Wilmington
On November 6th, voters in the City of Wilmington will decide whether to approve a 37 million dollar bond to pay for a baseball stadium. Both supporters and opponents of the project are campaigning hard. WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn asked Senior Economist Dr. Woody Hall of UNCW’s Swain Center for Business and Economic Services to take a closer look at the issue.
WHQR and WWAY are co-hosting a Town Hall-style meeting this Thursday at 7 PM on a taxpayer-funded stadium. For more information on how to reserve a seat, follow this link.