Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Baseball in Wilmington
Mon October 22, 2012
Senior Economist at UNCW examines prospect of baseball stadium in Wilmington
On November 6th, voters in the City of Wilmington will decide whether to approve a 37 million dollar bond to pay for a baseball stadium. Both supporters and opponents of the project are campaigning hard. WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn asked Senior Economist Dr. Woody Hall of UNCW’s Swain Center for Business and Economic Services to take a closer look at the issue.
WHQR and WWAY are co-hosting a Town Hall-style meeting this Thursday at 7 PM on a taxpayer-funded stadium. For more information on how to reserve a seat, follow this link.