Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri June 9, 2006
Senator Dole Visits Wilmington Port
Port of Wilmington – Senator Dole spent an hour this afternoon meeting with ports officials about current improvement projects and concerns about port security. Dole says she's pushing for federal money to fund a $100,000 reconnaissance study for the international port project in Brunswick county. But the senator says she had immediate concerns about finding funding for dredging and port construction in the region:
"The president's budget, which is just a blueprint, did not contain funding for construction, and it's important that that move forward."
This was Senator Dole's first visit to the port of Wilmington as a member of congress.