Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Sat August 11, 2012
Seeing The Best Of The U.S. By Bus
Originally published on Mon August 27, 2012 10:23 am
Right now, five of us — recent college graduates — are traveling across the country on a big blue converted school bus. Our mission is to showcase news of organizations and people who are doing inspiring things to help their communities in America.
The non-profit web series is called Bus 52. For one year, we are visiting the lower 48 states to show that good news is all around.
Our ultimate goal is to highlight 100 inspiring stories across America. Last week we released our 50th tale — about a non-profit pub in Portland, Oregon.
Robert Gelb of Bethesda, Md. is a member of the Bus 52 team.