Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Sat August 11, 2012
Seeing The Best Of The U.S. By Bus
Originally published on Mon August 27, 2012 10:23 am
Right now, five of us — recent college graduates — are traveling across the country on a big blue converted school bus. Our mission is to showcase news of organizations and people who are doing inspiring things to help their communities in America.
The non-profit web series is called Bus 52. For one year, we are visiting the lower 48 states to show that good news is all around.
Our ultimate goal is to highlight 100 inspiring stories across America. Last week we released our 50th tale — about a non-profit pub in Portland, Oregon.
Robert Gelb of Bethesda, Md. is a member of the Bus 52 team.