Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Sat August 11, 2012
Seeing The Best Of The U.S. By Bus
Originally published on Mon August 27, 2012 10:23 am
Right now, five of us — recent college graduates — are traveling across the country on a big blue converted school bus. Our mission is to showcase news of organizations and people who are doing inspiring things to help their communities in America.
The non-profit web series is called Bus 52. For one year, we are visiting the lower 48 states to show that good news is all around.
Our ultimate goal is to highlight 100 inspiring stories across America. Last week we released our 50th tale — about a non-profit pub in Portland, Oregon.
Robert Gelb of Bethesda, Md. is a member of the Bus 52 team.