Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri March 23, 2007
Second Victim Dies in Wilmington Accident
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The mother of the little girl who died after getting hit by a car while crossing the street in Wilmington has also died.
24-year-old Rachel Lynet Matthews died Thursday night at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Her 3-year-old daughter Asani McEachin died on Tuesday.
Wilmington police say they have charged the driver. Wilmington Police Sgt. David Register says police debated whether to charge 18-year-old Megan Elizabeth Teachey with two misdemeanor counts of death by vehicle. He says he thinks it's a case best worked out in the courts.