Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri March 23, 2007
Second Victim Dies in Wilmington Accident
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The mother of the little girl who died after getting hit by a car while crossing the street in Wilmington has also died.
24-year-old Rachel Lynet Matthews died Thursday night at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Her 3-year-old daughter Asani McEachin died on Tuesday.
Wilmington police say they have charged the driver. Wilmington Police Sgt. David Register says police debated whether to charge 18-year-old Megan Elizabeth Teachey with two misdemeanor counts of death by vehicle. He says he thinks it's a case best worked out in the courts.