Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri March 23, 2007
Second Victim Dies in Wilmington Accident
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The mother of the little girl who died after getting hit by a car while crossing the street in Wilmington has also died.
24-year-old Rachel Lynet Matthews died Thursday night at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Her 3-year-old daughter Asani McEachin died on Tuesday.
Wilmington police say they have charged the driver. Wilmington Police Sgt. David Register says police debated whether to charge 18-year-old Megan Elizabeth Teachey with two misdemeanor counts of death by vehicle. He says he thinks it's a case best worked out in the courts.