Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed October 8, 2008
Sarah Palin Supporters Rally In Greenville
By Michelle Bliss
Wilmington, NC – The 8,000 seats in Minges Coliseum were flooded last night with supporters displaying Sarah Palin buttons and stickers on their "Read My Lipstick" T-shirts.
Throughout the night, crowd members waved "Drill Baby Drill" posters and sporadically burst into cheers, proclaiming "Nobama."
Among the topics mentioned, like the war in Iraq and domestic oil drilling, the economy was at the top of Palin's list.
Palin says there needs to be a spending freeze in the federal government on everything but vital necessities.
"We will confront the $10 trillion federal debt that our government has collected, has created. It's like they say, if you're in a hole, which the federal government has found itself in, what do you do if you're in a hole and you don't want to be there? You stop digging."
Other speakers included gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory and incumbent senatorial candidate Elizabeth Dole.
The deadline for registering to vote in North Carolina is Friday.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please e-mail us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com.