Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Tue October 30, 2012
Sandy Floods New York City's Subway System
By Deborah Amos
The New York City subway system remained closed on Tuesday in the wake of Sandy. Millions of gallons of water poured into the subway's tunnels, overwhelming its pump system.