Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu July 26, 2012
Commentator Philip Gerard gives some serious thought to the state of the service industry. From airline bottles to steam cleaning, modern hotel rooms provide a full menu of automated amenities. And yet, it's the human element that's missing. Sure, there's no one to tip - but nothing is ever on the house and come checkout, there's no such thing as spare change.
Commentaries on WHQR don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Midday Interview - June 8, 2012