Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu July 26, 2012
Commentator Philip Gerard gives some serious thought to the state of the service industry. From airline bottles to steam cleaning, modern hotel rooms provide a full menu of automated amenities. And yet, it's the human element that's missing. Sure, there's no one to tip - but nothing is ever on the house and come checkout, there's no such thing as spare change.
Commentaries on WHQR don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Midday Interview - June 8, 2012