Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu July 26, 2012
Commentator Philip Gerard gives some serious thought to the state of the service industry. From airline bottles to steam cleaning, modern hotel rooms provide a full menu of automated amenities. And yet, it's the human element that's missing. Sure, there's no one to tip - but nothing is ever on the house and come checkout, there's no such thing as spare change.
Commentaries on WHQR don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Midday Interview - June 8, 2012