Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Fri June 22, 2012
Ring Found In Donated Capri Pants Worth $5,000
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A Minnesota woman went to a local Goodwill looking for a deal and, as she put it, some bling. And Deb Thompson got both: a pair of gem-studded pants for $3.99, and in one of the pockets, a diamond ring worth at least $5,000. Thompson showed her own goodwill. She asked the charity to help find the rightful owner. And there have been dozens of claims, but for the moment, it's finders, keepers. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.