Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed November 18, 2009
"After forty-something years of it, I am happy to watch the gravy spill on somebody else's tablecloth."
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – Retro is in... in foods and fashion! Recently, the "Wedge," that ubiquitous triangle of iceberg lettuce topped with blue cheese or Thousand Island dressing has reappeared on menus. But before Alice Waters or Julia Child we never knew we were unenlightened.
Nan Graham's WHQR commentaries have been collected in her books, "In a Magnolia Minute," and the newly re-published "Turn South at the Next Magnolia." Her website is nangraham.com