Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed November 18, 2009
"After forty-something years of it, I am happy to watch the gravy spill on somebody else's tablecloth."
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – Retro is in... in foods and fashion! Recently, the "Wedge," that ubiquitous triangle of iceberg lettuce topped with blue cheese or Thousand Island dressing has reappeared on menus. But before Alice Waters or Julia Child we never knew we were unenlightened.
Nan Graham's WHQR commentaries have been collected in her books, "In a Magnolia Minute," and the newly re-published "Turn South at the Next Magnolia." Her website is nangraham.com