Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed November 18, 2009
"After forty-something years of it, I am happy to watch the gravy spill on somebody else's tablecloth."
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – Retro is in... in foods and fashion! Recently, the "Wedge," that ubiquitous triangle of iceberg lettuce topped with blue cheese or Thousand Island dressing has reappeared on menus. But before Alice Waters or Julia Child we never knew we were unenlightened.
Nan Graham's WHQR commentaries have been collected in her books, "In a Magnolia Minute," and the newly re-published "Turn South at the Next Magnolia." Her website is nangraham.com