Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed September 19, 2007
Resin Producer Opens Addition to Leland Plant
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – Resin Manufacturer DAK Americas announced yesterday the completion of a new unit at its Leland Plant.
The expansion of the plant will help meet the growing demand for PET Resin, which is used to make plastic bottles. DAK Americas President Hector Camberos says hiring 40 new employees with salaries of at least $30,000 each will stimulate the local economy.
But even more important is a way to strengthen and provide sustainability to existing businesses.
He says opening the new wing will give the 700 employees more job security.
We are happy to be here. We have found a lot of support from our employees and from the communities in which we participate. And we are very committed to grow our business.
Camberos says to complete the plant's expansion, DAK Americas received grants of $100,000 from both the state and the county commissioners.
The plant will increase its output by 450 million pounds of resin annually.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com.